Footnotes can be added to the Answer field of any Entry from the text editor.
Permissions Required: Library, Level 2 (Read & Write) permissions or higher are required to add, edit, or delete Footnotes.
Note: Footnotes will be included in Projects exported to Word format. Projects exported to Excel or HTML format will include footnote position markers only.
To Add a Footnote
- Place your cursor in the Entry, where you would like the Footnote to appear
- Click the Footnote icon
- Enter the text of your Footnote into the Footnotes popup window
- Click Done
The Footnote's text will appear under "Footnotes" below the Entry.
Tip: The numbers assigned to Footnotes in an Entry do not reflect the numbers that will appear in your exported document. Loopio will update Footnote numbering on export to reflect their overall position in the exported Word document.
To Delete a Footnote
- Place your cursor in front of the Footnote
- Press the Delete/Backspace key on your keyboard to remove the Footnote
To Edit the Text of an Existing Footnote
- Click the Footnote number within the Entry
- Edit the text of your Footnote in the Footnotes popup window
- Click the Green Checkmark when done
To Change the Position of an Existing Footnote
- Click and hold the Footnote in your answer
- Drag until your cursor appears where you want to place the Footnote
- Release the mouse key to place the Footnote in the new location