The Microsoft Dynamics Integration makes it easy to kick off, track, and report on your Projects, all from a Microsoft Dynamics Opportunity.
There are three steps involved in the setup:
- Installing the Loopio App in Microsoft Dynamics
- Connecting Loopio to Microsoft Dynamics
- Configure the Loopio App in Microsoft Dynamics
Permissions Required: A Microsoft Dynamics Administrator will need to install the Loopio App.
If you are looking for more information on creating a new Project in Microsoft Dynamics read on at: How can I create a new Loopio Project using the Microsoft Dynamics Opportunity?
Installing the Loopio App in Microsoft Dynamics
- Click the down arrow to the right of
- Click My Apps
- Click MicrosoftAppSource
- This will open the AppSource Modal. Search for Loopio, and click Get it now
- In the modal, click Continue
- This will redirect you to a new Microsoft Dynamics page. Scroll to the bottom, select which Dynamics 365 instance you would like to install to from the drop-down menu, check the two boxes, and click Agree
- You will be brought to the Manage your solutions page.
The installation of the Loopio App has begun, and you can monitor its progress by using the bottom arrows to navigate to the Loopio Project
Connecting Loopio to Microsoft Dynamics
Before Projects can be kicked off from Microsoft Dynamics, you must connect Loopio to Dynamics.
Permissions Required: A Microsoft Dynamics Administrator will need to be granted a Loopio Administrator account to complete the following steps and connect the two platforms.
Their account can be disabled after setup. This will not affect the Integration.
- In Loopio, navigate to the Admin page
- Select the Integrations tab
- In the Microsoft Dynamics panel, click Connect
- You be directed to a Microsoft Dynamics page and asked to log in
- After logging in, you will be directed to grant Loopio certain permissions in Microsoft Dynamics. Click Accept
Note: You might be required to go through the above flow a second time, this is related to how Microsoft handles the session time for setup.
- You will be re-directed back to Loopio. Choose the Dynamics Environment you would like to connect to from the drop-down menu and click Next
- You will be shown a success message, and have now completed the setup for the Microsoft Dynamics integration
Configuring the App in Dynamics
Now that the Loopio App is connected, it can be configured. Without this step, only Dynamics Administrators will be able to use the Loopio App.
- Click the Gear Icon in the top-right of the Sales Hub
- Click Advanced Settings
- This will open a new browser tab. Click the down arrow to the right of Settings
- Click Security
- Click Security Roles
- From the list, select the Security Role you would like to add Loopio App access to
- This will open a modal that details all the permissions that can be granted for the Role. Click the tab Custom Entities
- Scroll to the Permission LoopioCredential
- Click the second circle from the left until it is half-filled, or to the level of Business Unit. This will grant Read permissions to this Role; this is all that is needed to use the Loopio App successfully
- Click Save and Close
Repeat steps 6-10 for every Role you would like to grant Loopio App access to.