Loopio supports the linking of Library Entries, making it easy to manage and find your Library Entry variations. Linking is great for grouping different variants of similar Library Entries, such as those used to respond to different types of clients, or similar content in different languages.
Subscription Required: Support for linking Library Entries is available on select subscription plans only. Contact Support to learn more: Send an email to Support
Permissions Required: Library, Level 3 (Full Access) permissions required to add links to a Library Entry. As Library/Stacks, Level 3 permissions are required for all Entries to be linked, Users will only be able to search for and link Entries in Stacks to which they have Level 3 permissions.
Linking Library Entries creates a one-to-one link between two Library Entries. You can link Library Entries together as you create new Library Entries, or by editing existing Library Entries:
- Navigate to the Library page
- If you are creating a new Library Entry, click Create New Entry and fill in your Entry's Question, Answer, and other details
If you are linking existing Library Entries, locate one of the Entries you want to link and click the View Linked Entries button
then select "Create Library Entry links" (for Entries with no existing links), or "Create and edit Library Entry links" (for Entries with existing links):
- Scroll to the Linked Library Entries field at the bottom of the Entry and click into the "Search for Library Entries" field
- Search for the Library Entry you want to link using keywords in the Entry's Question or Answer fields
Tip: To help you make an informed decision about which Entry to link, Loopio will display categorization information above the Question text.
Permissions Required: As Library/Stacks, Level 3 permissions are required for all Entries to be linked, Users will only be able to search for and link Entries in Stacks to which they have Level 3 permissions.
- Choose the Library Entry you'd like to link: Use your mouse to click, or use your arrow keys to select the desired Entry then press Enter on your keyboard.
Tip: To view more context about the Entry you're linking, click the Entry Options (three-dot) menu and select View Entry to open a new tab containing that Library Entry:
- As needed, repeat steps 4 and 5 to link up to 20 Entries to a single Library Entry
- Click Save (for existing Library Entries) or Create (for new Library Entries)
To learn about unlinking linked Library Entries, read on: Unlinking Library Entries