Yes, you are able to map Custom Project Fields with Salesforce Fields. Loopio Custom Project Fields can be auto-filled by matching fields in your connected Salesforce Opportunity or Account when you create a new Loopio Project.
Subscription Required: Custom Project Fields and the Salesforce Integration aren't available on all subscription plans. Contact Support to learn more.
Note: Not sure how to create Custom Project Fields in Loopio? Read on: How Do I Create Custom Project Fields?
In This Article:
- Benefits of Mapping Custom Project Fields to Salesforce Fields
- How to Map Custom Project Fields to Salesforce Fields
- Will These Fields Update In Loopio?
Benefits of Mapping Custom Project Fields to Salesforce Fields
- Pass along details of a Salesforce opportunity or account to Loopio so that users who don’t have access to Salesforce have the relevant context when working on linked projects in Loopio.
- Update the won or lost status on Loopio projects. When marked accordingly in Salesforce you can keep your Loopio workspace up to date and report on your progress.
Note: This is a one-way sync from Salesforce to Loopio that will update the won or lost status of Loopio Projects. Updating the status in Loopio will not update the status in Salesforce. Learn more: Updating Your Project Status in Loopio
How to Map Custom Project Fields to Salesforce Fields
Permissions Required: General Administration, Level 1 (Manager) and Projects, Level 1 (Read Only) permissions or higher are required to create Custom Project Fields
- Click Admin in the top navigation bar
- Click Custom Project Field
- Click on Add new Custom Project Field
- Enter a Custom Field Name, and select Salesforce Input
Note: Note these character limits for Custom Project Fields:
- Custom Field Name: 40 Characters
- Custom Field Instructions: 40 Characters Custom
- Field Response: 100 Characters
- Select where you will primarily be creating Projects from, Opportunity or Account, and select the Salesforce Field that you want to map to this custom field.
Tip: The Salesforce Opportunity fields will only auto-populate when the Loopio Project is created from a Salesforce Opportunity. Salesforce Account fields will only auto-populate when the Loopio Project is created from a Salesforce Account.
- Click the check mark to confirm your custom project field
Your Custom Project Field will now be automatically filled with data that exists in the Salesforce field when creating a Project using the Salesforce Integration.
Will These Fields Update In Loopio?
Yes, you are able to update the Custom Project Fields in Loopio with the most up-to-date data in Salesforce. Once you've mapped your fields, you will need to:
- Access your Project from the Project List
- Go to your Project Details:
- Scroll down until you see the Refresh Salesforce Data button
- Click the Refresh Salesforce Data button
After you've clicked the button, all Custom Project Fields mapped to Salesforce fields will be updated with the most recent information from Salesforce.
Read more about how data is synced between Salesforce and Loopio: What Fields Can I Add to the Salesforce Integration?