Admins, Project Admins or Project Participants are able to search through previous projects to find content that has been created but that has not made it back to the Library or that may have not been considered ‘highly reusable’. This allows the ability to quickly find previously crafted non-library content in past projects.
How Does This Benefit You?
There are many benefits in being able to search your past Projects, but the most notable ones are:
- Search through past projects and easily access the content they have created
- Save time by reducing the amount of work needed to recreate the content
- Leverage existing content that you might be missing out on
How Do I Search Past Projects?
Permissions Required: Search Projects, Level 1 permissions or higher are required to Search in past Projects. Read more below.
Note: Entries need to be marked Complete in previous projects to appear in the Search Past Projects search. Read more: What Are All the States a Project Entry Can Be In?
Only past Project Entries containing Answer text will appear in the results. Entries containing only a completed Answer Set or Additional Answer will not be displayed in the search results.
- Navigate to a project question in the project workspace and click the “Search” button to open the Search modal.
- In the Search modal, click the “Search Projects” tab.
- Adjust these Search options, if necessary, and your results will reflect your search criteria:
- Search Terms
- Sort By
- Project Type
- Search Preferences
- Project Name
- Search Within
- On the search result, click the “Use Answer” button, and the answer gets applied to the project question.
What Permissions Are Required To Search Past Projects?
Within each Role, there is a permission setting available for the Search Past Projects feature. Administrators are able to provide both Level 1 and Level 2 permissions for Project Admins, Assignees, and Collaborators that are working on Projects.
- Level 1 Access provides the ability to search through past projects the user participated in.
- Level 2 Access provides the ability to search through all projects.
Permissions Required: Only Users with Projects Level 3 (Full Access) permissions can be given the Search Projects Level 2 permission.
Customers who do not want to leverage this feature may select Level 0: No Access for user groups.