The Salesforce Integration makes it easy to kick off, track, and report on your Projects, all from a Salesforce Opportunity.
To install it, you will need access to the Web Services API in Salesforce. This is included in all Salesforce Enterprise Packages, and available as an add-on for Salesforce Professional Packages.
There are three steps involved in the setup:
- Installing the Loopio App in Salesforce
- Connecting Loopio to Salesforce
- Configuring the Loopio App in Salesforce
Installing the App in Salesforce
Permissions Required: Salesforce Administrator permissions are required to download the Loopio App from the Salesforce AppExchange
- The Loopio App is listed in the Salesforce AppExchange. Please click here for a direct link: Get the Loopio App for Salesforce
- Click Get It Now
- You will be asked to log in to Salesforce
Note: At this step, log in to AppExchange using your Production Salesforce credentials. You will choose whether to install to a Production or Sandbox Org in the next step.
- If you are testing first in a Sandbox select Install in Sandbox, if you are going straight to Production, select Install in Production Environment
- Check off the box beside “I have read and agree to the terms and conditions”
- Click Confirm and Install
- Select Install for All Users and then click Install
- Wait until you see the installation Complete message.
- Click Done
Connecting Loopio to Salesforce
Before Projects can be kicked off from Salesforce, you must connect Loopio to Salesforce.
Permissions Required: A Salesforce Administrator will need to be granted a Loopio Administrator account to connect the two platforms.
Their Loopio account can be disabled after setup. This will not affect the Integration.
- In Loopio, click into your Admin page
- Select the Integrations tab
- In the Salesforce Panel, click Connect
- This will redirect you to a Salesforce page to sign-in. Signing-in will grant Loopio permission to connect to your Salesforce instance
- After signing in, you will be redirected back to Loopio & shown a success message.
Note: If you do not see the Integrations tab, please contact our Support Team: Send an email to our Support
Configuring the App in Salesforce
Now that the Loopio Object is connected, it can be configured. Without this step, it will not show up in your Opportunities.
- In Salesforce, click your Opportunities tab
- You will need to add the Loopio Section to your Opportunities view. Open any Opportunity and click Edit Layout in the top right.
Note: If you do not see this option, you will need to contact your internal Salesforce Administrator
- Select Related Lists in the Element Selection panel
- Click and drag the Loopio entry to the Related Lists below
- Once the Loopio Section is on the page, click on the wrench icon
- Move all the columns that you want to make available in the Selected Fields list
Recommended Selected Fields:
- Loopio Project Name
- Owner Name
- Percent Completed
- Due Date
- Created Date
- After all your columns have been added, click on the plus icon to open the Buttons section
- Uncheck the New box, and move the New Loopio Project to the Selected Buttons column
- When you are done, click OK
- Save the Layout changes
- The Loopio Section will now be displayed in the Opportunity
Note: The Salesforce Spring ‘20 release updated settings related to User permissions that can prevent SFDC Users from accessing the Loopio Integration. If Users are experiencing this issue, they will see the message “You do not have access to the Loopio Plugin” when trying to access the Loopio Object in Salesforce.
To resolve this, please contact your Salesforce Administrator and request that all Users with access to the Loopio Integration are granted the System permission "View all custom settings".
To learn how to create a Project using the Salesforce Integration - Classic View, read on: Creating a Loopio Project using the Salesforce Integration - Classic View