The Salesforce Integration makes it easy to kick off, track, and report on your Projects, all from a Salesforce Opportunity or Account.
To install it, you will need access to the Web Services API in Salesforce. This is included in all Salesforce Enterprise Packages, and available as an add-on for Salesforce Professional Packages.
There are three steps involved in the setup:
- Installing the Loopio App in Salesforce
- Connecting Loopio to Salesforce
- Configuring the Loopio App in Salesforce
Installing the App in Salesforce
Permissions Required: Salesforce Administrator permissions are required to download the Loopio App from the Salesforce AppExchange
- The Loopio App is listed in the Salesforce AppExchange. Please click here for a direct link: Get the Loopio App for Salesforce
- Click Get It Now
- You will be asked to log in to Salesforce
Note: At this step, log in to AppExchange using your Production Salesforce credentials. You will choose whether to install to a Production or Sandbox Org in the next step.
- If you are testing first in a Sandbox select Install in Sandbox, if you are going straight to Production, select Install in Production Environment
- Check off the box beside “I have read and agree to the terms and conditions”
- Click Confirm and Install
- Select Install for All Users and then click Install
- Wait until you see the installation Complete message.
- Click Done
Connecting Loopio to Salesforce
Before Projects can be kicked off from Salesforce, you must connect Loopio to Salesforce.
Permissions Required: A Salesforce Administrator will need to be granted a Loopio Administrator account to connect the two platforms.
Their Loopio account can be disabled after setup. This will not affect the Integration.
- In Loopio, click into your Admin page
- Select the Integrations tab
- In the Salesforce Panel, click Connect
- Indicate whether you are connecting to a Production or Sandbox environment and click Continue
- This will redirect you to a Salesforce page to sign in. Signing in will grant Loopio permission to connect to your Salesforce instance
- After signing in, you will be redirected back to Loopio & shown a success message.
Configuring the App in Salesforce
Now that the Loopio Object is connected, it can be configured. Without this step, it will not appear in your Opportunities or Accounts.
- Click the gear icon in the top right of the navigation ribbon on your Salesforce homepage
- Click Setup. This will open a new tab in your browser
- On the far left in the new tab, under PLATFORM TOOLS, select Objects and Fields and then the Objects Manager
- a. Using the Quick Find, if you're using Opportunity, type Opportunity, and select Opportunity, or scroll in the Objects Manager list and select Opportunity
b. If you're using Account, type Account and select Account or scroll in the Objects Manager list and select Account.
- From the left navigation bar, select Page Layouts
- Select Related Lists in the Elements Selection panel
- Select the page layout you would like to add the Loopio Object to
- Click and drag the Loopio tile into the Related Lists below
- Once the Loopio Object is on the page, click the wrench icon
- Move all the columns that you would like to make available into the Selected Fields list
Recommended Selected Fields:
- Loopio Project Name
- Owner Name
- Percent Completed
- Due Date
- Created Date
- After all your columns have been added, open the Buttons section by clicking the plus icon in the same modal
- Uncheck the “New” box, and move the New Loopio Project button to the Selected Buttons column
- Click OK
- Save the Layout changes
- The Loopio Section will now be displayed in that Page Layout
Note: If you would like the Loopio Object to be displayed for more than one Page Layout, please repeat steps 5 to 15 again for each Page Layout.
To learn how to create a Project using the Salesforce Integration, read on: Creating a Loopio Project using the Salesforce Integration - Lightning View