In This Article:
Magic is Loopio's automation tool to populate Questions in your Project by finding the best content from your Library. By using the tips below, you can increase your Magic hit rate, reducing the amount of manual work required to complete Projects.
Permissions Required: Loopio-wide Project, Level 3 (Full Access), or Project-specific "Project Admin" permissions are required to run Magic.
Note: Your Customer Success Manager is a fantastic resource when it comes to getting the most out of your Loopio subscription, including getting a higher Magic hit rate. Start a conversation with them today!
Clean Up Your Library Entries
By default, Magic only searches the text of your Questions and Alternate Questions for potential matches. For now, let’s consider a few ways to clean up your Questions.
- Keep it specific: Make sure the question focuses on a specific topic rather than a long question that jumps from one topic to another. Magic will consider all of the words in your Question, so you want to make sure it’s not searching through words that are off-topic
- Make use of Alternate Questions: It’s common for different companies to word their questions differently, even though they are looking for the same answer. Alternate Questions increase your chances of finding the correct answer, no matter how the question is asked
Read more: Alternate Questions
You are in control of how you want Magic to be run in your Project! Instead of running Magic on the whole Project, try running Magic by Section:
This will help Magic focus on which part of the Library to search in. If you are looking for content about your Executive team, you might not want to search in your Product Stack or Category.
In being specific about what your requirements are, and where the answers should come from, you can eliminate the possibility that irrelevant information is being searched through, or added to your Project. You can further narrow down your search by using Category and Subcategory filters to help Magic target the right content.
Advanced Magic Options
Click “See More Options” to view more Magic filters that can help to increase hit rates.
- Include Library Entries Under Review - Include or exclude Library Entries that currently require a Review. Depending on how your company has set up Library Reviews, these Under Review Entries may or may not be ready for use in a Project
- Include Exact match Only - filter your results to only Library Entries that exactly match the Project's Questions (Magic Strength will be disabled when this has been selected)
- Magic Search Fields - Adjust the Library Entry fields Magic will consider when searching for a match. By default, Magic will only search for Library Entry Question text. Checking additional options for Answers and Tags will likely broaden your search to include more results
- Magic Output - Indicate whether you want Magic to return Library Compliance Answers, long-form Answers, or both. By default, both are selected
- Magic Strength - Adjust how similar Library Entries need to be to a Project Entry before Magic will bring them into a Project.
The higher the Magic Strength, the stronger the match needs to be before an Entry is pulled into your Project. The lower it is, the weaker a match needs to be before it’s pulled into your Project
Close Loop on Your Past Projects
Have you ever wondered what you want to do with those finished Projects? Close Loop on them!
Close Loop allows you to feed content from your finished Projects back into your Library. This ensures that your Library is kept up to date with your latest and greatest information. It also gives you the option to add Alternate Questions, Create New Library Entries, and update Answers in your Library if you’ve modified them in your project.
In the long run, this will help both you and Magic leverage the most up-to-date answers for your future RFPs, RFIs, or Security Questionnaires.
Read more: Close Loop