Permissions Required: Library, Level 1 (Read Only) permissions are required to use the Slack /loopio search Slash Command. This includes Library Users. Read more: Library Users.
Anyone who has access to the Loopio Library will be able to search the Loopio Library from Slack and share Library Entries in Slack.
The results returned to them will be based on their access permissions in the Library, so they will only see results from Stacks that they have access to.
All members of your Slack workspace will be able to view Library Entries shared in Slack (up to 2000 characters), making it easy to find and share information with your whole Organization!
Tip: If you would like to increase the number of Users who can search your Library from Slack, please reach out to our Customer Success Team and they will be happy to help discuss your options.
If you're unsure of how to contact our Customer Success Team, please reach out to our Support Team
To Search the Loopio Library from Slack:
- In a Slack channel or Direct Message thread, type /loopio search followed by a search term.
- You will see a preview of the top 5 results that is visible only to you. Each result is limited to 400 characters to make it easy to scan your results for the Entry you need.
- You can filter your search by Stack, Category, and Sub-Category to refine further. The search will update as filters are selected.
To Share a Library Entry in Slack:
Note: Results shared in Slack are limited to text and won’t include any images, attachments, or tables.
Follow the above steps to search for a Library Entry, within the Slack channel or Direct Message thread where you want to share the Entry
From the results view, click Post to Channel. Once you do so, the results will collapse and be replaced with your chosen result.
Shared Entries will display:
- The Library Entry in plain text (up to 2000 characters)
- The Slack username of the person who shared the Entry
- A link to the associated entry in Loopio
Note: All members of the Slack channel will be able to view the posted Entry, but only those with the permissions required to access that Entry within Loopio will be able to use the link to view the Entry directly in Loopio.
To learn how to set up the Integration for Slack, read more: Setting up the Integration for Slack
Read on to learn more about setting up Project Notifications through the Integration for Slack: Setting up Slack Notifications