A Merge Variable is a placeholder value that can be dynamically populated. Merge Variables allow you to update and maintain dynamic pieces of information in your Library in an easy, centralized way.
Subscription Required: Merge Variables is available on select subscription plans only. Contact Support to learn more: Send an email to Support
Permissions Required: Library, Level 3 permissions required to create Merge Variables.
To create a Merge Variable:
- Navigate to the Merge Variables page by hovering over the Library menu then selecting Merge Variables
This will bring you to a page containing a table with any existing Merge Variables, like so:
- Scroll to the bottom of the Merge Variables table and click + Add new Merge Variable
- Enter your Merge Variable details:
- Variable Name: The name or topic of your Merge Variable (this is how it will appear in the Library Entry create and edit flows)
- Value: The value that currently defines your Merge Variable (this is the value that will display in your saved Library Entries when the Merge Variable is used)
- Comment/instructions: Any context that will help your Users to ensure this variable is used as intended
- Click the purple check button to save your Merge Variable
Once created, Merge Variables can be inserted into your Library Entries to apply the Merge Variable value - like this example, using the "Company Location" Merge Variable from the steps above: