Note: Recommended Experts is currently in a closed beta.
Subscription Required: Recommended Experts is available on select subscription plans only. Contact Support to learn more: Send an email to Support
Yes! By suggesting the top three Recommended Experts who are best suited to answer a Project Entry as you assign it, Loopio gives you confidence that you're selecting the best person to answer each Question, and helps you get your Project completed faster.
How Do I Find Recommendations?
Recommendations are incorporated seamlessly into your workflow. When Loopio's algorithm has enough information to make a strong recommendation, the top three Recommended Experts will be displayed automatically when adding an Assignee to a Project Entry.
- Select the Assign Person link at the top right corner of the Project Entry you want to assign
- A list of the top three Recommended Experts will be displayed. The Recommended Expert who has answered the greatest number of similar Project Entries in the past will be identified as the Best Match.
- Select the name of the Recommended Expert you want to assign the Question to. Their name will be added to the Assignee field
- Set a Due Date for the Question (by default this will be the Project due date) and click Next
- Select a Reviewer for the Question, set a Due Date for the Review (by default this will be the Project due date), and click Assign
- Your Project Entry will now be assigned to the selected Users
How Does Loopio Generate This List?
The list of Recommended Experts is generated based on multiple factors, including which Users have responded to a similar question before.
Why Are There No Recommendations at Times?
At times, there is not enough data to make a recommendation for a specific Question. If not enough information is available about which users have answered similar Questions in the past, no recommendations will be returned.
In order to see a list of recommendations, you'll first need:
- at least five past Projects completed in Loopio
- at least four different Users who have each answered 10 or more Questions in past Loopio Projects
This will give Loopio's algorithm the data it needs to begin making recommendations.
What Does It Mean When a Feature is in Beta?
We are still evaluating this feature using data from a select group of Customers, to improve your experience even more. If you are currently part of the group using this feature in beta, we would love to hear any feedback you have.
To provide feedback, please reach out to your Customer Success Manager.