Note: Content Recommendations is currently in Open Beta. If you have any questions, please reach out to your Customer Success Manager.
Yes, Loopio uses a feature called Content Recommendations to help users improve the readability of their answers. Readability is a measure of how effectively and easily readers can understand the content that you have written in your responses.
How Does This Help In RFPs?
Successful proposals are those that are effective at helping customers understand the solution on offer. It should be easy to read and understand. It is therefore important to make sure proposals have good readability.
This works by:
- Providing you a measure of how readable your answer is as can be seen from the readability rating at the bottom left of your answer.
- Providing you with recommendations on how to improve the readability of your answers by highlighting areas of the text with potential room for improvement.
In an effort to make answers more readable, users spend a lot of time reviewing and editing answers. It is useful to be able to quickly identify potential areas of improvement in a proposal so they can be easily resolved. This feature helps you identify these areas of improvement.
Subscription Required: Content Recommendations is only available on select subscription plans. Contact Support to learn more.
Note: If you're on a subscription plan that has Content Recommendations, this feature will be available to all your users.
What Are The Different Recommendations Being Provided?
The recommendations provided by this feature are designed to help users improve the readability of their answers. Currently, there are five different kinds of recommendations provided. Each of them are described below.
- Long Sentences:
- Long sentences lead to less concise answers. They also contribute towards lowering the general readability of answers as measured through the Flesch score.
- Long Paragraphs:
- Similar to long sentences, long paragraphs also contribute towards lowering the general readability of answers.
- Complex Words:
- These words are defined as having a large number of characters and syllables. Complex words have a negative impact on the general readability of answers as measured by the Flesch score as well.
- Passive Voice:
- As a best practice when writing RFPs, users are encouraged to use instances of active voice rather than passive. Although this does not directly contribute to the Flesch score, passive voice does impact general readability.
- Identifying grammatical errors:
- This feature helps identify instances of grammatical mistakes quickly by highlighting them in the answer. Although this does not directly contribute to the Flesch score, it is still best practice to reduce grammatical errors in an answer.
How Do We Enable Content Recommendations?
In order to use Content Recommendations, once you have some form of an answer
- Click on the light bulb visible next to it.
- This will highlight the readability issues in your answer for you.
- You can then hover over the highlighted content for the Recommendation