‘Hide Similar Results’ is a feature that helps in providing project users who are searching for answers with a way to remove duplicate entries from their search results.
Benefits to ‘Hide Similar Results’
- Providing project users who are searching for answers with a way to remove duplicate entries from their search results.
- Users will be able to improve the position of their desired results
- An improved search experience
How Does It Work?
When a search is performed, Loopio goes and returns the top results related to your search terms/criteria. When users use this option, Loopio goes through those results returned by search and removes the ones which are very similar to each other. The outcome is a distinct set of answers which are all unique in themselves.
Permissions Required: Projects, Level 1 permissions or higher, and Library/Stacks, Level 1 permissions or higher are required to search from a Project and use ‘Hide Similar Results’.
How Does It Help?
In cases where users see very similar results, this feature helps identify the unique answers. As a result, it should be easier to find the answer you are looking for in these cases.
How Can I Use It?
To use the ‘Hide Similar Results’ feature you will want to:
- In the Project Workspace navigate to the entry you're wanting to answer and click the Search Button
- This will pull up the Search window, and you should see a new 'Search Preferences' option ‘Hide Similar Results’
- When you click this option, Loopio will then filter the results for you, and provide you with a more focused list of results to pick from